Take Part in Workshops
“I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity.” Oprah Winfrey
Prep-Pro Workshop – Preparing to be a Professional – is a first-of-its-kind offering high school girls opportunities to engage with and be inspired by local women in STEM careers. Professionals who take part come from a wide-range of industries.
The ½ day program focuses non-technical business skills women need to succeed in fields traditionally dominated by men. It is designed for girls considering a STEM college degree. The workshop simulates a professional association meeting covering topics like…
- Building a supportive network
- Gaining the most from one’s college experience
- Dealing with work-place challenges like gender bias
- Using questions to be heard
- Advocating for oneself for opportunities to grow
The workshop includes…
- Small group discussions with professionals sharing insights and modeling strategies students can use to define their own academic and career paths.
- Break-out session covering skills girls need top succeed including effective networking, communicating and use of social media.
- Keynote by a local business leader on opportunities for women to succeed and lead in STEM careers.
It is also a time for students to meet girls from local schools who share similar interests and goals.
“My students found the workshop to be very helpful… I believe this experience will be life-altering providing them the opportunity to understand that they can be accepted into a STEM career.” Science Teacher, Veritas High School
Learn more about Upcoming Programs