Take Part in Workshops
“I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity.” Oprah Winfrey
Prep-Pro Workshop – Preparing to be a Professional – is a first-of-its-kind program providing area high school girls opportunities to engage with and be inspired by successful women in STEM professions.
The workshop is a ½ day program focusing on modeling and developing non-technical business skills all professionals need for long-term success. It is designed for sophomores, juniors and seniors planning a STEM related college degree. The program simulates a professional association meeting covering a range of topics including…
- Using college to prepare for a STEM career
- Steps to advance in a STEM career as a woman
- Dealing with challenges in the work environment
- Ideas for balancing one’s professional and personal lives
- Small group discussions with STEM professionals who share insights and model strategies students can use to define their academic and career paths.
- Break-out sessions that cover a range of skills girls will need in a career such as effective networking, communicating and business acumen.
- Panel discussion with HR specialist on tips to finding internships and pursuing one’s first professional job.
It is also a time when students can meet girls from area schools who share similar academic and career goals.
“My students found the workshop to be very helpful… I believe this experience will be life-altering providing them the opportunity to understand that they can be accepted into a STEM career.”
Science Teacher, Veritas High School
Learn more about Upcoming Programs